STATE AND PERSPECTIVES ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT IN THE SPHERE OF CULTURE
Workshop, Odessa, Ukraine, March 9, 2004
Organizer of the seminar: Association New Music
Financially supported by: Swiss Cultural Program - Ukraine
The Odessa participants included managers and teachers from institutions providing arts management education, representatives of educational cultural institutions and producing companies that offer management services for cultural projects.
Besides participants from Odessa, Mrs. Lyudmyla Garbuz (the director of Swiss cultural program to Ukraine, Pro Helvetia Foundation) and Prof. Rolf Keller (an expert on cultural management educational programs at Basel University, Switzerland) participated in the seminar.
During this meeting, participants discussed the prospect of developing cultural and art management in Ukraine, how a center for the cultural management might be created and what it might do, and possibilities for organizing relevant education and training for specialists. Also, participants discussed who could contribute to the proposed project and how it is possible to combine the efforts of community, State and business structures in the development and implementation of the educational and training models for managers of cultural institutions and projects.
With the purpose to discuss possibilities as to the consolidation of efforts of State, commercial and public organizations for the cultural management development in Ukraine the round table covered the following topics:
- about profession "cultural manager"
- possibilities on the management of social-cultural processes
- models of professional communication, applied in contemporary management
- strategic planning in the cultural sphere: possibilities and risks
- promoting creative activities of Ukrainian cultural and art workers through the creation, development and publication of information database as well as propaganda of contemporary Ukrainian art.
The following aspects of cultural management were considered during round table meeting:
- possibilities on the obtaining of special knowledge in the cultural management sphere (cultural policy, marketing, foundrising, projects management, personnel management, financial management, PR-technologies, legislation and taxation, business-plans development, strategy development etc.) in such directions as management performing arts, museums, theatre etc.
- development and introduction of modern technologies for cultural management in Ukraine;
- providing professional growth of cultural managers and promoting of new managing standards in cultural sphere;
- strengthening of partnerships between representatives of different public sectors and stimulating of their participation in solving of issues concerned cultural development;
- development of cultural management under the market conditions;
- creation of the Center for applied cultural management in Odessa, distribution of its experience in other regions of Ukraine
Moderator - Mr. Rolf Keller
- Babich Nadezhda - Chief of the Department for Culture and Arts at Odessa Regional State Administration
- Leschinska Neonila - Head of the Department for Culture and Arts at the Odessa Municipal Council
- Solodovnik Svitlana - Deputy Head of the Department for Culture and Arts at the Odessa Municipal Council
- Garbuz Ludmila - Director of the Swiss Cultural Program Ukraine
- Binovskaya Tatyana - Manager of the Private Marine Art Gallery
- Khachatryan Hasmik - musicologist, culture projects manager
- Sheyko Natalia - Deputy Director of the Russian Drama Theatre
- Moldavanova Alisa - Program Coordinator Community Connections Program of the Project Harmony, project's manager
- Ovcharenko Svitlana - Prof. at Odessa National I.I.Mechnikov University
- Polischuk Natalia - manager of the Art Museum
- Rostiyanov Bohdan - Prof. at State Management Academy at the President of Ukraine, the Chair of the Social Political Science Philosophy, subject - Culturology
- Samoylenko Oleksandra - Prof. Vice-Rector at Odessa Musical Academy
- Melnychuk Oxana - director of the Centre d'information et d'encouragement de la creation musicale "PromCom"
- Pepepelytsya Oleksandr - Director of the Institute of the Regional Development of Culture and Education
- Tsepkolenko Karmella - Prof. at Odessa State A.V.Nezhdanova Music Academy, President of the International public organization Association New Music
- Volchenko Natalia - PR manager, Department the South Scientific Center, culture projects manager
- Shubartovsky Georgy - Vice Rector of the Economical University
- Redko Elena - Director of the Variety Theatre