OLEKSANDR PEREPELYTSYA (Ukraine)
Born on October 3, 1951 in Odessa (Ukraine).
O.Perepelytsya graduated from Odessa K.F.Dankevych Musical College, piano class with Prof. A.P.Bychach (1973) and Odessa State A.V.Nezhdanova Conservatoire (now Odessa State A.V.Nezhdanova Musical Academy), piano class with Prof. A.B.Zelynsky (1977).
1983-1986 - post-graduate course at Odessa State K.D.Ushynsky Pedagogical Institute (now K.D.Ushinsky Southern-Ukrainian State Pedagogical University), where he introduced system for prognosis and development of creative emotions and feelings in the practice of musicians and artists training, system of complex education of creative gifted person.
In 1987 he defended thesis entitled "Pedagogical backgrounds for the aesthetical feelings formation in the music teaching process", Moscow Scientific-Research Institute of Art Education at the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences USSR (with Prof. Dr. G.M.Tsypin) and got a Ph.D. degree (Pedagogy).
1990-1993 he worked for doctor's degree at Moscow Scientific-Research Institute of Art Education at the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences USSR. Thesis entitled "Art game as a method for the aesthetical cognition of child" was prepared.
O.Perepelytsya is the author of the art games theory described in the textbook "Art Games" (1990). This theory has successfully been introduced in educational institutions (Ukraine, Russia), applied in 20 International Conferences and was reported in 40 research publications (3 books, 12 scientific collected articles, numerous reports).
During 1994-1999 he was the coordinator of Culture programs at Odessa Regional Branch of International Renaissance Foundation (IRF). In 1997 he was the Deputy Director of that Branch.
He is the Head of the Public organization Institute of the Regional Development, Culture and Education (1999) and Director of International Public organization Association New Music (1995) - Ukrainian Section of the International Society for Contemporary Music/ISCM.
The International Renaissance Foundation (Ukraine), "Pro Helvetia" foundation (Switzerland), "KulturKontakt" (Austria) granted his creative and cultural projects.
O.Perepelytsya is one of a founder and Director of the Annual International Festival of Modern Art "Two Days and Two Nights of New Music" (1995-). He is initiator and organizer of series of different festivals and concerts, international conferences, seminars and master-classes; actions dedicated to modern dance, improvisation art and other cultural actions (approx.50, see List). The most popular are: "Wandering Music/Art Academy" (Odessa, 1997-2000), "Prima Vista" (1997-1999), "The Art of Improvisation in Contemporary World" (1998-2003), "Novel Dance Art" (1996-2003).
In 2000 first in Ukraine Musical Information Center of Contemporary music at the Association New Music has been founded and electronic database of contemporary music has been elaborated owing to his initiative.
O.Perepelytsya is director and editor of the Internet on-line Magazine "Musica Ukrainica", which he founded in 2000 as well.
He is initiator, manager and editor of the first in Ukraine CD ROM "New Music of Ukraine - composers, works, performers: multimedia database" - (Odessa, 2001); English/Ukrainian information about 24 Ukrainian composers a New music performers (over 50 musicians and musical groups): biographies, complete lists of works, addresses, photos, etc., as well as 3-5 recordings of every represented composer (total 12 hours of music, 57 selected works, MP-3 format).
Double CD ROM "Candours of Mystery" - English/Ukrainian multimedia database of Ukrainian composers has been released in 2002. Information about 12 Ukrainian women composers (photos, biographies, complete lists of works, addresses, etc.), as well as 22 hours of music (total 111 pieces, MP-3 format) and information about new music performers (over 70 musicians and musical groups) have been included in the CD ROM.
O.Perepelytsya is editor of booklets, different information materials to festivals and other culture actions. He is Editor-in-chief of the English/Ukrainian reference-book "Contemporary Composers of Ukraine", where biographical data, lists of musical works, addresses and photos of many Ukrainian composers involved in the contemporary music have been published (Odessa, 2002).
11 CDs with the pieces of contemporary academic Ukrainian music and selected works from the International Festival "Two Days and Two Nights of New Music" (1995-2002) have been produced under his leadership during.
He participated in many international festivals and forums. In particular, Roaring Hooves (Mongolia, 1999), contemporary music annual workshop at the International master-class for pianists (Biel, Switzerland, 2001), 17th Dresden Days of Contemporary Music (Germany, 2003), etc.
Îleksandr D.Perepelytsya had 3 weeks internship to improve his manager's skills by the Program "Community Connections Program" (Project Harmony) at the Institute for Training and Development (Amherst, Massachusetts, USA, 2003).
In 2003-2004 project "Cooperation Platform. Development of the Art-Management Training Center at the Association New Music" (with the support of Open Society Institute, Budapest) and culture-education project "Center for Applied Culture Management" (with the support Swiss foundation "Pro Helvetia" and Swiss Cultural Program) were launched by his initiative.
List of festivals and events organized by the initiative and leadership of Oleksandr Perepelytsya
- "Two Days and Two Nights of New Music" - International Festival of Modern Art, 1995-2002 (annually).
- "Wandering Academy of Music" - organization of culture-educational moving actions within the Southern Ukraine, Odessa, 1997-2000.
- "Opened Master-Courses" - International Musical Seminar, Odessa, 1995, 1996, 1998.
- "Young Music of Ukraine and Poland" - mini-festival-conference of modern Polish and Ukrainian music in Odessa, 1997.
- "Theoretical Problems of Modern Music and Art" - International conference, 1995-1997.
- "Youth Music" - Festival of the Eastern European Composers and Performers in Odessa, 1998.
- International master-courses on composition, Odessa, 1998.
- "Coming Together" - International Festival of the Eastern European Young Composers and Performers, Odessa, 1998-1999.
- "Prima Vista" - Festival of the Audio-Visual and Musical Actions, Odessa, 1998-2000.
- "Stu-Dance-Reverse-Dance" - Festival and Workshop of New Dance Performance Art, Odessa, 1998-2002.
- "Roaring Hoofs" - organization of the International Festival of Contemporary Music in Mongolia, 1999.
- "The Art of Improvisatiîn in the Contemporary World" - festivals of Improvisational Kinds of Art, Odessa, 1999, 2001, 2002.
- "Internet-Conference of Audio-Visual Arts and Theatre" - îrganisation and realization of conferences and series of audio-visual and theatre actions, Odessa, 1999.
- "Experimental Trends in Music of the World" - cycle of concerts and performances in season, Odessa, 2000-2001.
- "Informing for Acting" - International Music Information Forum, Odessa, 2001.
- "Past and Future" - Cultural Interaction in Music of Eastern-European and Eurasian Countries, Odessa, 2000-2001.
- "Uniting Through Music" - International Forum of Festival Directors and Managers of New Music Organizations, Odessa, 2001.
- "Artistic Babylon" - workshop, series of lectures, concerts and art exhibitions, Odessa, 2002
- "Musical Information Center" - project on the creation of modern music library, database of contemporary Ukrainian composers, Odessa, 2000-2002.
- "Academy of Dance" - complex action dedicated to the development of contemporary art. - Odessa, 2002.
- "Improvisational Roundabout" - a complex event devoted to the development of contemporary improvisational art. Odessa, 2002
- "Artistic Christmas Panorama" - series of creative meetings, press conference, round-table, performances, exhibitions etc. Odessa, 2003.
- "Improvisational Dream" -multi-media action on the development of improvisational art, Odessa, 2003.
- "International Forum of Novel Art" -conference (round-table) of art managers, MICs representatives and festival directors, Odessa, 2004
- "Multi-ethnic caravan"- international conference, performances and exhibitions. - Odessa, 2004
Published CDs with the participation and under leadership of Oleksandr Perepelytsya
- CHAMBER MUSIC
- EX PLURIBUS ARS
- CHAMBER MUSIC
- SELF REFLECTION
- DIE TUR SPERRANGELWEIT AUF
- VIOLETA DINESCU
- "TWO DAYS AND TWO NIGHTS OF NEW MUSIC" - INTERNATIONALI FESTIVALS OF MODERN ART
- "TWO DAYS AND TWO NIGHTS OF NEW MUSIC" - INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MODERN ART, ODESSA, UKRAINE, 1998-2000
- "TWO DAYS AND TWO NIGHTS OF NEW MUSIC" - 7TH INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF MODERN ART, ODESSA, UKRAINE, 2001
- "NEW MUSIC OF UKRAINE - COMPOSERS, WORKS, PERFORMERS" - MULTIMEDIA DATABASE (CD-ROM)
- CANDOURS OF MYSTERY: multimedia database of Ukrainian women-composers (double CD ROM)
LIST OF THE MAIN SCIENTIFIC WORKS
- "Pedagogical backgrounds for the aesthetical feelings formation in the music teaching process", Author's Essay Dissertation. Moscow, 1987.
- "Pedagogical backgrounds for the aesthetical feelings formation in the music teaching process", Dissertation for the Degree of Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Moscow, 1987, 211 pages
- "Emotional - Aesthetic Development of Music Students", Moscow, 1988, 243 pages
- "Instruction for Music Teachers in Professional Activities". Two chapters in the collection. 1988, 30 pages
- "Musical Culture and Emotional Crisis". Magazine "Questions on Psychology", No. 3. Moscow, 1990.
- "Artistic Games". In two parts. Part I: South-Sakhalinsk,1991, 147 pages
- "Artistic Games". In two parts. Part II: South-Sakhalinsk, 1991, 47 pages
- "Art game as a method for the aesthetical cognition of child". The thesis for the Degree for the Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences. 1993, 563 pages
Reference Guide-Book "Contemporary Composers of Ukraine", Odessa, 2002.
Internet journal "Musica Ukrainica" www.musica-ukrainica.odessa.ua (Odessa, Ukraine, 2000 -2002).
Textbook by O.Perepelytsya and K.Tsepkolenko "Artistic Games" (1990), electronic version: http://www.anm.odessa.ua/Book.
Web site of ANM: http://www.anm.odessa.ua
9 Uspensky Lane, Apt. 1
65045 Odessa, Ukraine
Tel/fax: (+38 048) 7261689
Centre for Applied Cultural Management
48 Bazarna Str, Apt.1
65011 Odessa, Ukraine
Tel/fax: (+38 0482) 225283